Categories
OLT 301

301-5. Reflection and coding — still old school.

After sorting out the word press menu system and I have decided that the word salad is a similar function and fits better with my past research methodologies and the way I visualize and work with data. It is not that I am locked in analogue technology so much that I don’t think this type of sorting of information works for me as and is entirely dependent on interactive technology to complete the task. I understand engagement, I apply the critical inquiry process and tend to follow a systematic set of outcomes and frame my teaching practice within a social and cognitive presence. I think one thing that has been understated in this course is student feedback, and reflection rather than just assessment through testing. This has not been highlighted enough in my mind in the inquiry process.

Finally, I think that open platforms are good for to encourage reflective learning, but there too are hidden frames and social risks that come into play in how one ‘reflects’ publicly. Perhaps there could be personal log/journal that is not published could be also promoted to provide reflective balance.